Manual on Berlin Urban and Landscape Planning. Environmental Appraisal
During the planning and preparation of a development project, environmental and environmental protection requirements must be taken into account. For this purpose, there is a range of legislatively established tools used in comprehensive planning processes and the permit issuing procedure.
The recommendations on environmental appraisal include the following tools:
- Intervention regulation
- Appraisal of impact on flora, fauna and natural settlement types (FFH)
- Strategic environmental appraisal
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmental appraisal for general planning.
Tasks, objectives and contents of individual procedures and verification instruments are explained in detail.
In 1992, the then EU Member States unanimously adopted the Directive on Preservation of Natural Settlement Types and Natural Flora and Fauna Species (FFH) that was later on included in national body of laws.
Environmental impact assessment is an environmental policy tool aimed at verifying development projects as to their potential environmental impact and building permit issuance.
Environmental appraisal in general planning: following the completion of the design procedure, the land use plan (as per §6, par. 5 Building Code) and the development plan (as per §10, par. 4 Building Code) receive a generalised explanation as to how environmental requirements and results of community and governmental institution participation in the general plan have been taken into account and what reasons must be accounted for to assess the adverse planning impact on the environment. Wikipedia
Main Department of Urban Development and Environment of Berlin (publ. ed.): Manual on Berlin Urban and Landscape Planning. Environmental Appraisal. Third edition, updated. Berlin, 2006. ISBN 978-3-88961-198-7. 100 p. [English version: Environmental Assessments, Berlin's Guide for Urban and Landscape Planning]
Edited by: Berlin Technical University, Landscape Design Faculty, specifically, design with due regard to landscape care and environmental appraisal. Prof. Dr. Johann Keppel, Dipl. Eng. Sonia Poblot, Dipl. Eng. Elke Weingarten
Main Department of Urban Development and Environment, I E Unit
Edited by: Heinz Brandl (publ. ed.)
Main Department of Urban Development and Environment, Berlin
- »(PDF, 2.00 MB) http://city2030.org.ua/sites/default/files/documents/uvp-leit-06_0.pdf
- English version: Environmental Assessment, Berlin's Guide for Urban and Landscape Planning »(PDF, 2.39 MB) http://city2030.org.ua/sites/default/files/documents/uvp-leit-06_en.pdf
- Professional Information System of the Federal Administration for Nature Protection on appraisal of impact on flora »(application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, 19.14 KB) http://city2030.org.ua/sites/default/files/documents/Einf%C3%BChrung.docx
Main Department of Urban Development and Environment
Württembergische Straße 6, 10707 Berlin
Hot line: 030 90139-3000, firstname.lastname@example.org